Date of Last Revision: February 1, 2019
GivingLoop Inc (referred to throughout as “us“, “we“, “our“, etc.), is the owner and operator of the www.givingloop.org website, a fundraising platform for organizations.
What types of information do you collect?
- Traffic Data.As is true of most websites, we automatically collect certain information when you visit our Website. This information includes but is not limited to: (i) IP addresses, (ii) domain servers, (iii) types of computers accessing the Website, (iv) types of web browsers used to access the Website, (v) referring/exit pages, (vi) data about usage patterns throughout the Website (e.g. click rates on different links etc.). Information of this type (“Traffic Data“) is for total internal use to improve the business performance and user experience of the Website.
- Personal Information.As is true of most websites, we automatically collect certain information when you visit our Website. This information includes but is not limited to: (i) IP addresses, (ii) domain servers, (iii) types of computers accessing the Website, (iv) types of web browsers used to access the Website, (v) referring/exit pages, (vi) data about usage patterns throughout the Website (e.g. click rates on different links etc.). Information of this type (“Traffic Data“) is for total internal use to improve the business performance and user experience of the Website.
In order for you to make donations through the Website, register with the Website or take certain other actions on the Website (e.g. contacting us through forms, etc.) we require you to provide us with information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information“). Personal Information includes the following types of data, but is not limited to them:
- Contact Data such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, account number, and password
- Financial Data such as your account or credit card number
- Demographic Data such as your zip code, age, and gender
- Company Data such as your business name, size, and business type
- Activity Data such as your donation history, fundraising history, etc.
How do you collect traffic data?
The Website also contains web beacons, which are electronic images that are used along with cookies to compile statistics so we can analyze how the Website is being used. Our e-mails may also contain web beacons so we can track how many people open the message or click on links within the message. This information helps us improve our communication and marketing efforts.
Is my personal information kept confidential?
How does GivingLoop use my personal information?
We use your information in a variety of ways to help us run the Website. Here are some of the ways we use your information:
- To send you receipts
- To send you updates about the Website
- To send you updates about activity on the Website related to you
- To send newsletters
- To administer your account
- To respond to customer service inquiries
- To send marketing materials
- To improve our Website and marketing efforts
We commit not to share your information with third parties except as what’s provided under the previous section. GivingLoop will never sell your Personal Information as raw data to third parties, although we might reprocess the data and provide it in aggregation as a commercial product, i.e non-identified statistics and analytics. We reserve the right to include partners or third parties in our communication with you through your contact information.
How do your email communications work?
We send out various emails to clients and others who interact with the Website, such as emails about new blog posts, product releases, or special events or promotions (“Marketing Emails”). Organizations that register with the Website will automatically be subscribed to receive certain Marketing Emails. Aside from those registering with the Website, we might send occasional and personal invitations to use our Website.
Marketing Emails contain an unsubscribe option which you can follow at any point if you wish to stop receiving some, or all, Marketing Emails. We don’t commit that all Marketing Emails will include this unsubscribe option, and if missed, you still can contact us if you wish to stop receiving them, our email address is [email protected]gloop.org, we will remove you from our list shortly after receiving your mesasge.
The Website also allows Organizations to send various transactional (e.g. automated donation receipts etc.) and outreach emails (together “Client Emails”). Unless such Client Emails are expected as part of an ongoing commercial relationship, or otherwise, by CANSPAM, they will contain an unsubscribe link.
As part of an organization’s use of the Website, individual supporters of the organization may also send emails through the Website (“Supporter Emails”). For example, personal fundraisers may send messages to their contacts through the Website in order to ask people to visit their fundraising page and donate. They may also send emails to update donors or to thank donors for their gifts. Supporter Emails sent through the Website will have an unsubscribe link.
Please keep in mind that, notwithstanding the foregoing, we have no control over emails sent through third party emailing applications.
Who has access to my Credit Card number?
Who Has Access To My Personal Information (Except for Credit Card #)?
We share your Personal information with other business partners who assist us in performing core services (such as hosting, data storage, and security) related to the operation of the Website. These business partners only use your Personal Information to perform these core services, which are necessary for the orderly operation of the Website.
Any organization you make a contribution to, or purchase from, through the Website will have access to your Personal Information (except for your credit card number); note that making a donation “anonymous” only hides your donation from public activity feeds, not the underlying charitable beneficiary.
You consent to the foregoing and agree that we are not responsible for how these organizations or persons handle your Personal Information. You should visit their websites and/or contact them directly for their privacy policies and data usage practices.
What is an Organization Page?
Each organization that registers with the Website is automatically created an Organization Page. This page displays both custom content the Organization makes or calculated and predefined content created by the Website, an example of the latter is the total amount the nonprofit has raised through the Website and total number of supporters.
What Choices Do I Have?
It’s up to you whether or not you want to provide us with Personal Information. You can still visit the Website without providing us with Personal information, but you will be unable to take certain actions without doing so.
You can also choose to make contributions anonymously. If you make an anonymous contribution, your name will not be displayed through the Website’s pages but your Personal Information will be given to the Organization you are donating to.
How Can I Update or Correct My Personal Information?
If you know, or suspect, that your credit card, user name, or password has been lost, stolen, or used without your authorization you need to contact us immediately ([email protected]). Upon notification, we will take reasonable steps to mitigate any damage which may have been caused. You are responsible for the safety and security of your user name and password. You should logout after each session you have with the Website and you shouldn’t share this information.